IF THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THE LORD, SEEK OTHER PEOPLE
As you talk, discern whether a Hindu has a sincere interest in righteousness and forgiveness. If he show hunger for the most holy God, continue with patience. However, let us waste time if he has any other motive.
We stop work with any Hindu who wants only to:
- Obtain some material benefit from us
- Talk about religion without any real spiritual interest,
- Learn about another country just for curious, perhaps to be able to go abroad with our help
Through the work of the Holy Spirit, many Hindus sincerely seek God. We continue to evangelize these people.
THE ONE ALMIGHTY PERSOLNAL GOD
Let us Hindus to believe in the one almighty personal God.
The true God is a person who thinks, feels, loves, is angered by sin, and who makes choices. He created everything that there is. He exists apart from His creation. However, some Hindus have another idea of God.
- Everything is God and God is everything. God is a spark of divinity in every person and animal. He is the universal mind who flows in every part and in every being. I meditate to perfect my union with this divine force.
This belief that everything is God, and God is everything, is called “pantheism”. Some Hindus do not pray, as we do, speaking to their Heaven Father, but direct their prayer within them. Many do not speak with another “person” when they pray, but rather meditate on the “cosmic power” that resides in each person, animal and everywhere. They meditate to perfect their union with this divine force. By abstaining from fulfilling material desires, Hindus try to put their minds in accord with this “universal energy”.
Do Hindus generally practice what Christians call prayer?
- Yes ( )
- No ( )
In “praying”, some Hindus meditate on nothing. They do not think about their “Absolute God” as if he were another person, but something inside them. They try to empty their mind of all desires, passion and all worry. They seek a pure emptiness. (Other Hindus do, however, speak in pray to their gods.) When witnessing, we can carefully explain our personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. He is a living person – He exists apart from us, but He comes into our hearts with peace, forgiveness, love and purity. We help Hindus come to know the one most holy personal and Almighty God. We can tell them stories from the Old Testament that explain what God is like:
- The story of creation
- The flood
- The works of faith of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
- The plagues and the liberation of Israel from slavery in Egypt. Previous Article: