I see myself as the embodiment of suffering and blessing. Suffering from the status of a Vietnamese and blessing as a servant of Christ Jesus.
There is an anonymous author wrote, “A baby who the son of a country girl was born in a small village, grew to up in another village and to be a carpenter until he was 30 years old. That person has not written any books, either hold a public office or have a house. He did not attend college, never taking more than 200 miles from homeland but preached only his message in a limited land. At just 33 years old, he was killed by a death sentence. They buried him in a borrowed grave of another person. However, his influence in the human history is larger than any prominent politicians or leaders have ever had. It’s a unique man. That man is Jesus.”
My Savior is the Lord Jesus Christ. Everyone can become the son of God through Him. He is my Lord and He also wants to be your Lord today.
Soren Kierkegaard, a Danish philosopher told the story of a king who did fall in love with a beautiful country girl. The king was very rich and powerful. No one dared to speak ill of him. He was respected. But he had a problem: “How could he express his love to her? How could he be sure that she loves him? ”
The throne, authority of the king were a hindrance. The king did not want to use that privilege to enter the heart of the girl. He wanted her to love him for herself, not for his status or material wealth. He did not want to have her by his authority. He found a way to become equal to her.
The king put on clothes as a farmer. He was not only as a poor disguise, but he actually became poor! He refused his throne and authority. Finally, he got the love of the country girl!
This story is a good illustration of Christ’s love for humanity. Christ has convinced my love and I have loved Him. Billions of people around the world have followed Him. Do you receive Christ’s love?
When Columbus and his sailors went to Amazon estuary for the first time. A sailor said, “We discovered an island.” But Columbus looked around and said, “No, we discovered a new continent. Such a large river didn’t come from an island!”
Columbus’ words have been meaningful for me. I have discovered and believed:
* Holy Bible is the living Word that comes from God.
* The world has existed because God has created and conserved it. We have only to be saved through Him.
* Jesus is God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of believers.
* Church is established by God. I was chosen to serve Him.
* The Holy Spirit who God dwells inside my heart and leads me.
* Faith, hope, and love in Christ are what I have been following every day.
* My proverb is, “Faith gets the most, Love does the most and Humility keeps the most.”
* The purpose of my life is to worship God, enjoy Him, build an intimate fellowship with Him and help the others.
How about you?
I have a dream that one day millions of Vietnamese people will be saved and reunited with me in Heaven.
Translated by Tuong Vi
Pastor Hue Nguyen